All your favorite L.A. and Bay Area comic retailers now carry the first issue of Maxeem and Casey Van Heel’s newly minted book The Civil Four #1.
And this SATURDAY, JUNE 5 from 5 – 7pm Maxeem will be in person at famous Big Brain Comics introducing, selling and signing the beautiful pamphlet.
Those appearing in good period costume will obviously receive a free copy.
But if you can’t afford looking ultra-retro, the book is a very affordable $4
Â Â NE MPLS non-profitÂ day program ACCESSABILITY has asked the Cartoonist Conspiracy to help raise some money for them by joining in the activities of their 2nd ANNUALÂ Â WALK AND ROLL-A-THON on SATURDAY JUNE 12th.Â Much like the AE event, ACCESSABILITYÂ will be providing keepsake 5″x7″ paper of the event for us to draw on, we just need to provide ourselves and our drawing tools.Â The drawings will be donationÂ caricatures for disabled adults and their families/staff…but hey, if someone asks for Spider-Man or something, who are we to say no?
Â Â The event runs fromÂ 9:30amÂ to about 1pm andÂ takes placeÂ at the NORTH MISSISSIPPI REGIONAL PARK.Â Directions and all other information can be found at: Â http://accessability.org/Walk/index.html
Â Â If you are interested please either email danno -at- staplegenius -dhat- -calm- or leave a comment below.Â Â Â THANKS!
Phoenix Comicon 2010 | May 27â€“30 | Phoenix Convention Center | Phoenix, AZ
This Memorial Day weekend, 7000 BC returns to the Phoenix Comicon â€” now for the first time in downtown Phoenix, at the Convention Center. Come and see Pete and Paul, Chuck, Jamie, Monica, and Bram at table T116 in the Small Press area.
Reminder that the ‘Last Thursday’ Cartoonist Conspiracy San Francisco meet up is in a few days on May 27, 2010
When: The SECOND and LAST Thursday of the Month
Time: 6:30pm to 10pm
note: The cafÃ© will not be making coffee drinks after 9pm since they need to clean-up the equipment, but we can stay and draw.
870 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Local hero Kevin Cannon has a great article on mini-comics production over at the Big Time Attic blog in anticipation of Lutefisk Sushi Volume D (deadline for participation June 15th). Click the image to go there.
little funny series II is intended as a prominent “sideshow” to the Lutefisk Sushi Volume D project. little funny is a series of mini-comics sold in an old cigarette vending machine at Altered Esthetics. The first series was compiled in conjunction with the BIG FUNNY show in 2009, and it is almost sold out… it is time to restock the machine.
No entries will be rejected provided they follow the specs (these comics need to be a specific size to fit inside the boxes in the vending machine). You do not have to be a Minnesota artist to participate.
You can view pictures of little funny series I here.
You can see what the vending machine looks like here.
Additionally, we have a limited number of vending slots available for people who would like to vend a non-little funny comics project from the machine. All projects will need to fit in a 3â€ x 2â€ x 1â€ box. Email tonytudisco (at) alteredesthetics.org for more information on this opportunity.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Email us at webmaster (at) cartoonistconspiracy.com for an issue number. little funny is an ongoing numbered series. Make sure to put your number on your comic. If you choose to do multiple issues, you’ll need a number for each different issue.
- Draw your comic. Make sure to sign your work and include your contact info on it.
- Make 50 or more copies of your comic. The only requirements for the comic are that it fit in the 3â€ x 2â€ x 1â€ box, and that it have the title little funny and the issue number on the cover. You can get the little funny logo here, if you are inclined to use it. A template is available, but is not required. One double-sided copy of the template makes three copies of a 10-page accordion style micro-comic with two covers (or, alternately, 3 different issues).
- We request a minimum of 50 copies of each comic submitted. More is great and much appreciated. You can send us as many as you wish. Drop off or mail your copies here:ALTERED ESTHETICS
1224 Quincy St NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
In addition to the comics please include your name, address, phone number and email address.
DEADLINE FOR PARTICIPATION IS JULY 22nd.
THINGS TO NOTE:
- Each participant will receive one vending box of minis… how many minis are included in a box will depend on our level of participation. No box will contain all of the minis. Each participant will be responsible for picking up their box some time during the month of the show, or for making special arrangements if they can not attend.
- Participants names will also appear on the Lutefisk Sushi Volume D website as being a part of the little funny show.
- These comics can be by a single artist or be collaborative.
- You can do as many issues as you wish… if you want to do more than one, just ask us for another number.
- Comics may be color, or black and white, or on colored paper, or decorated with glitter glue, or painted or whatever the hell you want to do as long as they fit in the box.
- Two complete sets of all the comics will be kept for the Conspiracy archives.
- All proceeds from the comics will go to support the gallery, Altered Esthetics, which is a non-profit, community and artist centered gallery. You can read more about AE here.
- Submissions will not be returned.
Join the St. Paul Cartoonist Conspiracy Cell and create a jam comic at Cahoots Coffee! This newish space provides us with not only a spacious room in the back of the shop, but also they have tasty mediterranean food for sale!
The jamming is easy and it’s a fun time! Just bring some drawing utensils, an idea for the jam, and a few bucks to get a tasty beverage or some chow — don’t forget to tip, the baristas really do appreciate that!
The jam will start promptly at 6:30 and run until 10:30 at the latest. Come earlier to reserve your space! Seating can be limited at times!
The meetings are open to anyone who wants to draw with us, and the results will be posted here at some date yet to be determined.
To join us come to:
1562 Selby Ave
St Paul, MN 55104
(Southeast corner of Snelling and Selby)
More not than often we head on over to grab a brew at:
O’Gara’s Bar and Grill
164 Snelling Ave N
St. Paul, MN 55104
(Right next to Cahoots!)
Bus info here.
Hope to see you there!
Lutefisk Sushi D is coming up fast, and many of you are no doubt racking your brains for an idea. Â Check this out: local writer Jack Phinney (writer of F*** You Paris, Love Wagner, which appeared on the Big Time Attic Blog) has written an 8-page script just for this occasion. Â He has declared that he will pay the printing and do the collating; it merely falls to you to draw the thing.
Give it a read, then if you’re interested, contact Jack at jack dot phinney at gmail dot com.
There is a lot of evidence piling up that this will be the best year ever to be a Minnesota cartoonist! Open your calendar now and write yourself down some dates…
I’ve heard rumor of some other things as well. Get ready to be busy and have a lot of fun.