little funny is intended as a prominent “sideshow” to the upcoming BIG FUNNY project. little funny will be a series of mini-comics sold in an old cigarette vending machine at Altered Esthetics during the month of the BIG FUNNY show. No entries will be rejected provided they follow the specs (these comics need to be a specific size to fit inside the boxes in the vending machine).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- DOWNLOAD THE TEMPLATE. The template includes a little funny logo on the front and back covers. One double-sided copy makes three copies of a 10-page accordion style micro-comic (or, alternately, 3 different issues).
- Email us at webmaster (at) cartoonistconspiracy.com for an issue number. little funny will be a numbered series. Make sure to put your number on your comic. If you choose to do multiple issues, you’ll need a number for each different issue.
- Draw your comic. Make sure to sign your work and include your contact info on it if you want to.
- Make copies of it. Copy, fold and staple them.
- We request a minimum of 18 copies of each comic submitted (which is 6 double sided xeroxes). More is great, and you can send us as many as you wish. Mail your copies to:ALTERED ESTHETICS
1224 Quincy St NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
In addition to the comics please include your name, address, phone number and email address.
DEADLINE FOR PARTICIPATION IS JULY 20th.
THINGS TO NOTE:
- Each participant will receive one vending box of minis… how many minis are included in a box will depend on our level of participation. No box will contain all of the minis. Each participant will be responsible for picking up their box some time during the month of the show, or for making special arrangements if they can not attend.
- Participants names will also appear on the BIG FUNNY website as being a part of the little funny show.
- These comics can be by a single artist or be collaborative.
- You can do as many issues as you wish… if you want to do more than one, just ask us for another number.
- Comics may be color, or black and white, or on colored paper, or decorated with glitter glue, or painted or whatever the hell you want to do as long as you stick with the basic template.
- Two sets of all the comics will be kept for the Conspiracy archives.
- All proceeds from the comics will go to support the gallery, Altered Esthetics, which is a non-profit, community and artist centered gallery. You can read more about AE here.
- Submissions will not be returned.