Prism Comics is offering a cartooning grant:
Every year, Prism awards a significant Queer Press Grant to assist in the publication and promotion of LGBT comics. The grant is funded by donors who are creators who want to help others who are just starting out, or fans who want to see more LGBT creators get published.
Grant Application Process
Grant proposals must be submitted in the form of an e-mailed request and must include the following items (as either PDF or JPG format files):
1) Cover letter that states the project title and why the project is of interest to LGBT comic book readers
2) Creator’s statement of purpose (separate from the cover letter)
3) Business plan and budget detailing how funds (in US dollars) will be spent and obtained, including an intended time period
4) Resume (for each contributor, if more than one)
5) Financial statement (for each contributor, if more than one) — use the form provided by Prism Comics and include attachments as required
6) Presentation of the work to date in 300 DPI JPG images.
When to apply:
Proposals are reviewed on an annual basis by the Prism Comics Board of Directors. Requests must be received by the deadline date to be considered at that review. Early application is encouraged. You will be notified by e-mail when your application has been received.
Deadline date: October 1st, 2009
NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered. Unsuccessful applicants may reapply for the following year. The grant awardee should expect a response within four weeks of the deadline date.
Please submit proposals and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.