Lutefisk Sushi E is coming this fall! Want to participate? Yes! I know you do. All Minnesota artists are invited to submit work. Here are the guidelines. All you have to do is follow them, and turn in your mini-comics by September 15, 2012. If you aren’t already familiar with Lutefisk Sushi, visit cartoonistconspiracy.com/sushi/history to see its previous incarnations.
How to participate
1. Make a mini-comic. (See specs below)
2. Make 160 consistent copies of your mini-comic.
3. You will need to fill out a submission form AND a contract. First, go to http://www.alteredesthetics.com/events/116, click the “Open Call for Artwork” link on the right hand side of the page, and fill out the form. You will need to submit a jpeg of your comic–this can be a photo of your comic, or a scan of the cover. Next, download the exhibition contract (http://www.alteredesthetics.org/LSE-exhibition-contract.pdf), read it, and fill it out. If you have any trouble with the form or contract, please email email@example.com
4. Deliver or mail your contract and mini-comics to: Altered Esthetics, 1224 Quincy St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413 no later than Saturday, September 15, 2012.
5. If you want to show off your original art in the Lutefisk Sushi E exhibition at Altered Esthetics, drop it off by Saturday, October 27, 2012. Artwork must be wired and ready to hang! No glass, please. Be sure to label your artwork with the title, your name, and price.
6. Bring all your friends to the opening reception on Friday, November 2, and the artists’ discussion on Saturday, November 17.
Your mini-comic must be 5.5 x 8.5″ or smaller, in order to fit in the box, and must tell some kind of sequential story. We encourage creative and unusual formats as long as they fit in the box, but we ask that all submissions be at least a couple pages in length. (ie, don’t be lame–our readers will be paying money for reading material, so don’t give them postcards or advertisements.)
Not sure how to put a mini-comic together? Check out this handy guide by the Cartoonist Conspiracy:
Participants will receive one free Lutefisk Sushi E box per submission. We welcome collaboration! However, since supplies are limited, participants working with a friend or a team to produce a mini-comic will receive one box to share. If each participant wants a box, they will be available for purchase during the exhibition.
If you have questions about participation, please contact Lupi – firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease comment!