Archive for January, 2009
The Minneapolis Cartoonist Conspiracy meets at 6:30 until 10:00 the first Thursday of every month at Diamond’s Coffee Shoppe in Northeast.
Generally, we draw collaborative “jam” comics, socialize and drink caffeinated beverages. Afterwords, we often have uncaffeinated beverages somewhere else.
The meetings are open to anyone who wants to draw with us, and the results are posted here sooner or later (and sometimes even printed).
Diamond’s Coffee Shoppe
1618 Central Avenue Northeast
Please spend some money at Diamond’s while you’re there, even if it is just a cuppa coffee… they are excellent hosts, and we wanna stay welcome there.
Big Time Attic hosts our monthly jam meetings at Diamond’s… they will be supplying us with a big old plate of pastries or something. Thanks fellas!1 comment
Below is a repost of the MINICOMICS DUMPTRUCK info, as the new challenge starts tomorrow (Tuesday, January 6th, 2008).
MINICOMICS DUMPTRUCK seeks committed minicomics creators to join in the minicomics makin’ fun.
The next round begins January 6th, 2009.
Here’s how the MINICOMIC DUMPTRUCK works:
1) Pre-register your name, email address, physical address (or PO Box), and a link to your website/blog with DUMPTRUCK poo-bah Kevin Cross at the MINICOMICS DUMPTRUCK forum.
2) During the live podcast on January 6th, 2009 at 9pm CST (7pm PST) they will pick some “items” which MUST be used SOMEWHERE in the course of the minicomic you are going to create. The items can be used as a central theme, a plot device, or even just a background gag. But the chosen items have to show up somewhere.
3) During the same podcast, a book LENGTH (generally 12 to 24 pages) will be assigned, as will a specific SIZE for your finished minicomic (in the first”round” they chose “quarter-size”-4.25″x5.5″–but this could and probably will change for round 2).
4) You then have 4 months to complete, print, and mail-off one copy of your minicomic to all the other “Truckers”. (All the other Truckers addresses will be emailed to you after the 6th.)
5) During the 4 month period, there will be a new podcast every two weeks or so where you are encouraged to call-in or participate via live chat on how your work is going, and to give thoughts and suggestions to your fellow Truckers (you will need to set up a Talkshow account to do this).
Phone Number: (724) 444-7444
Call ID: 24924
6) You are also encouraged to post your work-in-progress and to particiapte in the DUMPTRUCK forum.
7) Again, please only sign-on if you are 100% committed to the project.
Anyway, the DUMPTRUCK sounds like lots o’ fun to me, and I can’t wait to get started!
Hope to see you all at the dump!
The first Cartoonist Conspiracy San Francisco meeting of 2009 is on Thursday Jan 8th at the Church St. Café at 6:30pm.
Info: The Cartoonist Conspiracy San Francisco (CCSF) meets twice a month at 6:30 pm on the second and last Thursday of the month at the CHURCH STREET CAFé in San Fransisco CA.
WHEN: Thursday Jan 8, 2009 6:30 pm to usually sometimes between 9 and 10 pm.
WHERE: Church St. Cafe 260 Church Street San Francisco, CA 94114
MATERIALS: Bring your favorite drawing tools, paper, etc.
Sketch Crawl is January 10th, 2009. Information can be found on the official site http://sketchcrawl.com/ No starting location has been set yet.
Toni, Brian and Mike might be going as a group if anyone is interested.
Anyone interested in helping scan and prep the comics drawn in 2007 so they can be posted on-line and/or printed?No comments